Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rachelle J. Christensen--author interview

And in the Wrong Number Spirit--Rachelle J. Christensen, has been gracious enough to answer a few questions about writing--and her secrets on getting published!

Thank you, Rachelle!



What inspired you to write Wrong Number?

I wanted to enter a chapter into the first chapter contest at LDStorymakers in 2007. I came up with the first chapter of *Wrong Number*, it won second place, and then I went on to write the rest of the novel.


How long did it take before you became published?

Well, I attended my first writers conference (LDStorymakers.com) in 2006 and that set me on a course with some direction where I felt I really did have a chance to break into publishing. I worked hard and dedicated lots of time to making my dream reality.

How did you write such believable male characters? Did you have some help?

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment! My husband says to tell you that he helped me, ha, ha! Actually, he probably did more than he knows because I obviously think he's a stud, so I patterned some of my male character traits after him. Other than that, I just tried really hard to make sure there was a noticeable difference in the dialogue and movement of the men vs. Aubree.


Are there anymore books of this type in the works, or any from other
genres?

I’ve got a few things I’m working on. I’ve finished an inspirational romance that I love, called *Wind Song* and I’m enjoying writing the spinoff to Wrong Number--my WIP-*Caller ID*, and yes, it's another suspense with a unique crime motive.


What was is the most fun part about being a writer that you've experienced
so far?

When I have a new story idea and it just keeps bugging me until I stop and write down a bunch of notes. I love to see how the story unfolds as the idea ferments in my mind.




And lastm, but not least....

Do you have any advice to other would-be writers out there?

If you’re serious about writing, attend writers conferences and classes, join a great critique group, read novels in your genre of interest, and write, write, write! Also, learn how to take criticism and know when to apply it to your writing and when to chuck it out the window.





Thank you, so much Rachelle!


I wish you the best of luck with your AWESOME book! If you haven't had a chance yet, check out Wrong Number, you won't be dissapointed!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again, Jenni, for the interview. It was fun to stop by your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete