Thursday, April 23, 2009

I LOVE IT!

I know I shouldn't, but I L.O.V.E. Love editing! Love it! It's so awesome! Yeah, it's work, but it's a cool 'my story is getting closer to getting published' kind of work.
Every edit I do and complete I get excited about. My story just gets better--and in some cases a WHOLE lot better! So embrace your awesome editness and the chance you get to see where you went wrong in the first draft and perfect it!
Sigh, perfection. It's a beautiful, unattainable thing, isn't it?
So, I'm halfway through my Prince Tennyson edits! I haven't looked at this book for 6 weeks now. It's so good! Eeeh! I'd forgotten how good it was. <=Which, i can totally say by the way, because I didn't really write this one. Had lots of divine help and just channeled. Right? It's not bragging if you really didn't write it, right? Holy back flippin' cow, I can't wait for Kirsten to read it!
But first... Must. Perfect. So you wanna know the coolest thing that has happened while editing Prince Tennyson? Do ya? Do ya? (LOL! I'm so laughing at myself right now, I'm such a dork seriously! LOL! ) Anyway, I found the section i'm going to read out loud when this book gets sold. You know, the part you have to read at your launch party--or wherever!
Eeeh! Yes, I did warn you i'm a dork, right? Well, i have the canny ability to see the future--okay, so not the future-future, but where my dreams and goals end with this book. If I can see that vision, that hope, of where I see myself reading out loud from a published copy, then it'll happen. I know from experience, I'll just EDIT, EDIT, EDIT until I get there.
See why I love editing so much? For me, it's not the despair and discouragement that it'll never, ever happen for me--I'll never get it right, so I'll never get published. Nope, for me, it's the reality I'm one step closer to fulfilling my dream! I LOVE Editing!

16 comments:

  1. I am in awe of (and quite envious of) your positive attitude : ) Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely the bubbliest person I know online!! Every sentence sreams excitement and it carries over the Internet! You make me want to edit now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Klo--LOL! Thanks, I just couldn't help myself--I'm all excited today! LOL! Great to get to know you, love your blog! And good luck!

    Terri--Oh, Terri... don't ever EVER meet me in person! LOL! Don't do it. I'm like this crazy giddy person always-very scary sometimes. I mean like run away, run away, scary! LOL! Just ask people who have met me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not QUITE as goobery as you about it ;), but I love editing, too. While it's hard work, I thrive on making the writing better, as well.

    Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love editing, too. The only problem with it is that it takes me away from my newer WIP. However, as of yesterday, I finished editing (for like the billionth time) the book I'm querying. It feels good to know that full is ready to go! (Hah! As if it ever could be!!!) BTW: Who's your agent? I bet she loves being in the presence of your wild, unbridled enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edits can be great fun! To me it's not the wild rush of creating, but when you get phrases polished up until they shine, it's an amazing feeling. Please do send me a quick email. Iacmoss@gmail.com. I have a couple quick questions that I'd rather not post here. Thanks! Lois

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so envious of your positive attitude! Wish I could be that opptimistic! Good luck on the editing! I know you will do great! Because you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janna--Thanks! That's the best compliment ever! My gooberiness transcends beyond the norm! I LOVE IT! And i'm so glad I found a fellow editor lover!

    Debra--Eeeh! I know what you mean about taking you away from the NEXT mine is talking to me so loud I'm getting a headache.. but I am being a good girl and editing this one first! LOL! And my agent is Kirsten Manges, she was a bit surprised by me. she has said more than once I'm not like any other client she's ever had! LOLOL! But, I think I'm growing on her! LOL! Poor thing, i don't think she's quite got used to the speed I go though. LOVE Kirsten!

    Lois-sending you the email now! And yay, it's so cool to see so many editor fans on here!

    Regina--LOL! Stop, you're making me roll my eyes and blush. You are so positive--it's why I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't get you people who love edits! How do you do it?
    Anyway, it's indeed exciting to have found the piece that you want to read aloud to your screaming fans. You have to practice in the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, you can't do it. You can't talk me into liking it. Not with your thousand exclamation points. Not with your super positive energy. It's not going to happen. Editing and me don't get along and that's final!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband is the same way! He totally loves editing! I am not a writer...but I live with one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehehe... see, this is what you do. You make me want to re-write things instead of writing new things... for shame young lady! For shame! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori--LOL! Practicing now! LOL!

    Kasie--Not in a house, not with a mouse, I will not edit on my blouse--LOL! Ok, so I got desperate. And yeeessss, Kasie.. think editing gooood.. editing gooood.

    Erica--YAY! that's awesome--er, wait, you poor thing! I don't know how my hubby copes with me!

    Jenn--Rewrite woman! Rewrite good! Hurry... I LOVE cam! Need more cam! Ok, so uh, just when did I start talking caveman? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are the edit master, or rather, mistress! I dearly adore editing others' work, but not so much my own. Gruel.ing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so funny! I'll send you my manuscript when it is ready to be edited. :) Anyway, I love that you are already planning for your launch party. I hope the outfit you have chosen is stunning. And the food? It better be good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll have to remember your enthusiasm as I go through my edits :-).

    ReplyDelete